Becoming a Swim Official or Recertifying
To become a Swim Officials or to renew your certification (every three years), you must complete the following:
- Attend an appropriate Swim Officials training class: Level I, Level II, or Admin Official by registering on the LCDC training site and selecting the class you want to attend
- Complete a Swim Official Certification Test by registering on the Swim Officials Test Site and taking the appropriate certification test
Register for an upcoming Swim Official Training Class: If you are currently not a swim official, you should register for a Swim Official Level I class. If you are interested in becoming an Admin Official, register for an Admin Official training class. If you are recertifying, register for the class appropriate for your recertification. (e.g. Level I, Level II, Admin Official, etc.)
You can see upcoming classes at this link. This information is automatically updated as training classes are schedule by the Trainers
To register for an upcoming swim official classes:
1. GO TO: https://services.ymca.net/login.aspx to log in.
If you are a new user, you will need to create a user name.
You then set up a user name & password. After you have the password, return to the website & log in.
2. Scroll down & on the left side of the screen
- Click on Learning & Career Development (LCDC).
3. Under Search & Register for Classes
- Under Course Category, select "Aquatics"
- Under Course Code, select the name of the class you want to take - (e.g. Swim Officials Level I)
- Click "Search"
- Select the class you'd like to attend
4. Follow additional prompts to register for the course
Successfully pass the corresponding Certification Test:
To complete your certification test:
1. Got to http://ymca.ymcacompetitiveswim.org to login
If you are a new user, you will need to register as a new user. Please note: this web site is different than the LCDC web site. New users will need to complete a new registration on this site
2. After registering on this site, click the link on the left side menu under FOR OFFICALS, TAKE OFFICIAL TEST. Further details about taking the officials test are listed on the main page of the web site or at this link